Coronavirus Update – Club Shut Down until further notice
In March we wrote to all members with the sad news that the Executive Officers had reluctantly decided to shut the Club down, until the end of May 2020. Since then the Club has continued to follow Government and Swim England’s advice, in order to protect and safeguard all our members. Unfortunately no firm dates or timescales have yet been published for Leisure Centres, gyms and pools to re-open. As a result, the Club will remain closed for swimming and gym activities until such time as:
- Government confirms that Leisure Centre, gym’s and pools can re-open
- Swim England confirms that Clubs can re-open and resume acitivities
- The Club is able to book pool and gym time at its usual facilities (i.e Marlborough Leisure Centre, Marlborough College, The Vale CommunityCentre, Bath Uni, Marlborough Fitness and Performance centre).
Payment of swim and gym fees for the duration of the closure is suspended, so please would you cancel your monthly standing orders with immediate effect if you haven’t already done so. We know some members have continued to pay their standing orders, and we would like to thank them very much. Your contributions make a real difference and will help us to maintain the ongoing financial viability of the Club. If anyone else would like to re-start their standing order or make a small donation towards the ongoing financial commitments of the club then this would be welcome.
Despite being closed for swimming, we have been far from inactive and there is lots going on. In particular:
- Our online training by Zoom has become very popular and goes from strength to strength. These sessions are open to all Squad members (i.e. length swimmers) and we would like to encourage everyone to attend. If youhaven’t attended so far, why not give it a go?
- The Friday night Socials by Zoom have been a runaway success and there’s lots of quizzing, talent spotting and bingo underway. These sessions are open to all Members, so please come along and join us for some fun for all the family.
- For all our Learn to Swim members (i.e. width swimmers) there are lots of swimming activity packs available via our Web Site http://marlboroughpenguins.com
If you have any queries at all during the Club’s closure, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as follows:
- Lynne Blunden – Treasurer – email email@example.com
- Tracey Mercer – Welfare Officer – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Heal – Club Secretary – email email@example.com
- Rich Smith – Head Coach – email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to follow guidance issued by Swim England which can be found here https://www.swimming.org/swimengland/
You can keep up to date with national advice and information regarding coronavirus by visiting https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england