Coronavirus Update – Club Announcement
We are delighted to announce Marlborough Penguins will begin a gradual return to the water commencing early August.
Wiltshire Council has confirmed a phased reopening of its leisure services from 3 August, following recent confirmation from the Government that leisure centres can reopen with social distancing measures in place.
At this stage, Penguins have been allocated limited time with one of our providers in the initial phases of reopening pools across Wiltshire. This is fantastic news and allows us to bring a limited number of swimmers back. Our priority is to ensure the safety of our swimmers, therefore, due to the strict procedures to be followed at the sessions, we have made the decision to initially just invite our older, more experienced, swimmers.
Those swimmers offered these first sessions, will be contacted via Swim Club Manager in the coming week.
Before returning to the pool, swimmers MUST ensure the following conditions are met:
- Health Screening completed and returned (issued as part of the swim invitation via Swim Club Manager)
- “Return to training – Covid-19 & Risk Assessment Declaration” signed & returned. (issued as part of the swim invitation via Swim Club Manager)
- Swimmers own kit bag meets the requirements set out in our previous Newsletter and ALL kit is fully labelled
Head Coach, Richard, & Club Chairman, Peter, will be visiting our pool providers in the coming weeks to confirm and document all new procedures, including appropriate Risk Assessments. We will be issuing further details in due course.
We will also be contacting those parents who have volunteered as Covid Liaison Officers.
As more pools open across the County, we will gradually bring ALL our swimmers back to the water. Please rest assured we are working extremely hard to get you back as quickly & safely as possible.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back to the pool.
Our online land training by Zoom will continue during August for all Squad members (i.e. length swimmers). However training days/times may be subject to change as we begin our return to the pool. Details of any changes will be included in the Zoom email invitations issued by Head Coach Rich.
If you have any queries at all, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as follows:
- Peter Seward – Chairman and Covid-19 Lead – email email@example.com
- Lynne Blunden – Treasurer – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracey Mercer – Welfare Officer – email email@example.com
- Karen Heal – Club Secretary – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rich Smith – Head Coach – email email@example.com
We will continue to follow guidance issued by Swim England which can be found here https://www.swimming.org/swimengland/
You can keep up to date with national advice and information regarding coronavirus by visiting https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england