Family members can get involved, as volunteers, helping to maintain a strong club community spirit.
We want the club to be fun for all its members and you can help. Don’t sit on the sidelines – dive in!
There are many opportunities available to help the club and ensure it runs smoothly and gives the best possible experience to young and old alike. Through volunteering you will gain useful experience, even qualifications, and the satisfaction of making a real difference to many young people’s lives.
This is YOUR club and we welcome you to be part of it.
Your commitment could be for a one off event or as little as an hour a week:
- Helping on poolside.
- Joining the committee
- Helping with general administration required to keep the club running smoothly
Benefits of Volunteering for Parents;
Being involved in your Child’s progress, watching them develop and grow in confidence as they improve, achieving more and move up to join the Gala squads.
Being part of a team that is responsible for helping others move forward. Getting that nice feeling when a child comes up to you after a training session and says “Thank you, that really helped”. Other parents and the committee will thank you too!
- The satisfaction of a contribution made and appreciated.
- Be part of a friendly and supportive team.
- If you would like to gain a qualification as a swimming teacher the Club will support you in doing so.
Some of the roles covered by our volunteers – If you are interested in finding out more – contact us or come along.
- Aquatic Teachers or Coaches – Level 1 or 2 qualified or currently working towards either qualification under supervision.
- Poolside helpers – to assist Aquatic Teachers and Coaches.
- Desk Duty – Being available at the Penguins desk at sessions to answer questions or take messages.
- Web site management of the site particularly keeping content up to date.
- Club journalist – writing a Club newsletter, summaries of galas, swimmer’s achievements etc.
- General Admin duties – range from helping to organise Club galas & events (eg Presentation Evening) to administrative activities eg membership forms.
We also have volunteers to help run galas. The club can assist with any training required for these roles such as steward, recorder, starter, timekeeper, judge, and referee.
SO DON’T BE SHY, IT DOESN’T MATTER HOW MUCH OR LITTLE TIME YOU CAN SPARE WE WELCOME YOUR SUPPORT.